Application Invited for PG Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS)
- are invited from the candidates who have qualified in the NEET-MDS 2020 for admission to MDS Courses for the year 2020 to the State Quota seats in Government Dental Colleges in Kerala and to all the seats available in the Self Financing Dental colleges in Kerala.
2. Eligibility for Admission
a) Academic: Applicant should possess a BDS degree from an approved Dental College and duly awarded by any one of the Universities in Kerala or duly recognized by the Government of India as equivalent there to under the Indian Dentists Act, 1948 and should have obtained permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council after passing the final BDS examination or its equivalent there to with eligibility for full Registration in Kerala State Dental Council in all respects. Applicants who have completed or will complete one year (12 months) Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship (CRRI) as per DCI regulations in an approved/recognized Dental College on or before 31-03-2020 are eligible to apply. The condition of one year Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship is not applicable to those candidates who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a BDS Degree from a Dental College recognized by the Dental Council of India and have obtained provisional or permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council. Admission to the candidate will be given only on the production of the registration of Kerala State Dental Council in original. (Refer clause 4 of the prospectus).
b) Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
i.The applicant should be an Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders will also be treated at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for three years. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
ii) Candidates, who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained BDS degree from any of the Dental Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
c) Age: (i) There is no upper age limit for General Quota candidates. (ii) For Service candidates, whose retirement age is upto 62 years the upper age limit will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses as on 01-01-2020. The candidates in the service of DHS/MES/IMS submit a bond (Rs.200/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60/62 years, as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment elsewhere during this period if the government has requisitioned their services.
d) Qualifying Criteria: All candidates including Service candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Dental courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2020-21 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility – Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate Dental Courses (NEET MDS-2020) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi and should figure in the rank list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
In order to be eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Dental course in 2020-21 it shall be necessary for candidates including those who apply under Service category to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the NEET MDS 2020. However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of physically disabled candidates under general category, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile and that of SC/ST/SEBC category, the minimum marks shall be 40th percentile.
- Mode of Selection: The selection of all candidates including Service Candidates shall be made from the Rank list and Category list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations based on the NEET MDS 2020 rank list and as per the eligibility provisions contained in the Prospectus for admission to MDS2020.
- How to apply: All candidates who have qualified in NEET-MDS 2020 seeking admission to the MDS Courses – 2020, in Kerala should apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations from 10.03.2020 to 19.03.2020, 5 p.m. Candidate can register by giving their Student ID of NEET-MDS 2020, Roll Number and Date of Birth. While applying online, the applicant should upload the scanned image of his/her documents/certificates in PDF format, as per the instructions given in clause 12.4 of the prospectus. Candidates are advised to keep the printout for future reference. No need to send the printout of the application or any supporting documents to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Application Fee: Application fee for General / SEBC candidates is RS.1000/- (Rupees Thousand only) and in the case of SC/ST candidates and those eligible for SC/ST benefits as per G.O.(Ms) No. 25/05/STSCDD dated 20.06.2005 is Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only). The prescribed fees can be remitted either by way of online payment or at any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala using the e-chalan generated during the online application process. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances. The application form and Prospectus will not be available from Director of Medical Education or from the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Application of Service Candidates: Service Candidates in addition to applying online, should forward a copy of the printout of the completed application along with all required documents including their service details to the Controlling Officer concerned as stipulated in clause 11.7 of the prospectus, on or before 5 p.m. on 17.03.2020.
- The candidates claiming reservation under scheduled caste/Schduled Tribe/SEBC/Special quota should upload necessary certificates and documents in proof of their claim from the concerned authorities in the prescribed format together with the Online Applications.
- The admissions to the entire PG Dental seats including Minority/NRI quota seats in self-financing Dental Colleges in the State for the year 2020-21 shall be done through a common counseling to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations from State Rank lists which will be prepared on the basis of NEET-MDS 2020 rank list.
- Admission under NRI Quota: The Candidates seeking admission to the NRI quota seats in Self- financing Medical Colleges in the state shall have to upload the following Certificates/documents during the submission of Online Applications as per the GO (RT)NO 375/2020/H&FWD dated 22.02.2020. “An applicant, who depends upon his/her Father/Mother/Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of first cousins)/Husband/Wife/Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of first cousins) of Father or Mother/Half Brother/Half Sister/Adopted Father or Adopted Mother working abroad” is eligible to apply under NRI Quota. Candidates who wish to apply for the NRI quota seats available in the Private self-financing Medical colleges should upload the following documents: (a) Passport copy and Visa attested by the Embassy/Green Card/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) documents of their respective sponsors. The job of the sponsor should be mentioned in any of the above documents. The validity of the Visa should be up to the closing date of admission ie 31.05.2020. b)Employment certificate of the sponsor attested by the Embassy/Consulate authorities (In case, the employment of the sponsor is not mentioned in the documents such as Passport copy and Visa attested by the Embassy/Green Card/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)).
(c) Relationship certificate of the sponsor and student to be issued by the revenue authorities (Relationship should be established) as per the G.O (Ms) No. 243/14/H&FWD dated 06.08.2014. If the sponsor is the Father/Mother of the applicant, educational certificates of the applicant containing the name of the sponsor shall also be accepted.
(d) The sworn affidavit from the Sponsor in the stamp paper worth Rs. 200/- should be produced. The same shall also be notarized by the Notary Public, disclosing that the student is dependent of the sponsor and all the expenses i.e. tuition fee and special fee, of the candidate for the entire course period will be borne by the Sponsor.
(e) The sponsor should be an Indian citizen/Overseas Citizen of India/Person of Indian Origin and relevant document to prove the same.
- Admission under Minority Quota: Candidates who want to take admission under Minority quota (Christian/Muslim) seats of Post Graduate Medical courses in the Self-financing colleges having Minority status, should upload the Non-creamy layer certificate/ Minority/Community certificate for Kerala State Education purpose from the Village Officer Officer along with the online application as per G.O.(MS)No.10/2019/H&FWD dated 20.01.2019.
- Candidates will be allowed, neither to include any information in the online application nor to submit any certificates / documents claiming reservation or any benefits, after the online submission of the application, under any circumstances. Candidates must note that they have to upload the required certificates during the submission of online application itself.
- Data Sheet: Candidates eligible for allotment/admission to the courses will be issued Data Sheet which can be downloaded from the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from the date which will be notified later.
- The selection of candidates and allotment of seats including those under Service category will be made by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations through the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) as per Clause 16 of the Prospectus for admission to MDS Courses 2020, approved by the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates may go through the various provisions of the Prospectus for admission to MDS Courses 2020 available in the Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations at www.cee.kerala.gov.in before submitting the online application.
Helpline number: 0471- 2525300.